The international UbuCon in Europe 2017
8th to 10th September 2017
The Europe 2017 conference of the Ubuntu free operating system. The major event of the year around the Ubuntu operating system and the free community in Europe. 3 days, from Friday 8 to Sunday 10 September 2017.
Nearly 5,000 visitors expected at the Congress Center of La Villette in Paris. Targets: professionals, European Ubuntu contributors, developers, community and the general public.
A rich and varied program of conferences, round tables, workshops and demonstrations animated by current free contributors: sponsors, exhibitors, companies, associations and educational players. Opening on the uses and philosophy of Free in areas other than computers.
The UbuCon Europe 2017 in Paris has its own website, learn more at:
Call for Talk Proposals Open!
You can now propose a talk or workshop. Join the team and make this event more ubuntu!
What is it about?
UbuCon Europe is a conference on everything that is related to Ubuntu and Open Source Software. Join the conference if you are interested in:
- Getting familiar with Ubuntu and all its flavors and subprojects,
- Presenting showcases for everything (flavors, projects, commercial products etc.) based on Ubuntu,
- An open and vivid athmosphere to discuss ideas an projects with members of the Ubuntu community from all over Europe and
- Learning and having fun!
UbuCon Paris 2017 with numbers
- Nearly 5,000 visitors expected
- 3 days of meetings
- 2 event evenings including 1 free music concert
- 70 conferences and 10 round tables distributed online under a free license Creative commons BY-SA
- 40 workshops
- 120 demonstrations
- 90 expected exhibitors (50 companies, 30 associations, 10 institutions)
- 300 volunteers on site, or 4,000 hours of pure volunteer work on the event alone
- A live tweet event and Facebook Live
- An online media event: web radio and Tv in live and simultaneous broadcast on different channels
- An Ubuntu guide and free software
How to get involved?
The UbuCon Europe is open for everyone who has something interesting to tell about Ubuntu or Open Source Software or just wants to listen to interesting talks.
Registration will open soon, but it will be free for everyone !
Where will it be take place?
The UbuCon Europe 2017 will take place at the Cité des sciences et de l'industrie in Paris, France from 8th to 10th september 2017! The Cité des sciences is located in north of Paris, close to Métro line 7, and is by the way, the biggest sciences museum of Europe, and already host every 6 month for 10 years those "Ubuntu Party". The building is family + accessibility friendly
UbuCon Europe sponsors
If you would like to become a sponsor or hosting your booth, please get in touch ›
Note: If you are a FOSS association, you'll be welcome in the FOSS booth village